Saturday, February 8, 2014

Winner


Three lucky things happened last fall and I have only told you about one of them. (See the post called Recitation Contest in December of 2013.)  Another contest I was in in November was a calligraphy contest at my university.  Another student and I tied for third place in the foreign student category.  There were no first or second place prizes given for some reason.


And the other lucky thing is that I one an electric bicycle in a drawing at our local grocery store. Greg occasionally rides it.  Mostly we still use our regular bikes.


Here is a chūnlián (spring couplet) that I did in calligraphy.  I'm not the author, just the calligrapher.  This is in the li style of calligraphy, like the calligraphy above.  People paste these lines of poetry on either side of the door during the new year festival for good wishes.  This one is about beautiful scenery, light in the spring, and celebrating the accomplishments of an abundant year.

Happy Chinese New Year! 新年快樂!




No comments:

Post a Comment