Saturday, June 21, 2014

2014 Spring Calligraphy Competition

Last month I entered a calligraphy competition at National Chiaotung University and got fourth place in my category.  No one got first because no one was good enough, apparently.  In Chinese that is called 從缺. Last semester when I got third place, the first and second places were also 從缺. Anyway, here is a photo taken at the award ceremony.  The gentleman is Mr. Huang. I took a calligraphy class from him last semester.  The Tang poem I chose to write is about a traveler far from home, riding a horse. Let me clarify that. 岑參 Cén Sēn authored the poem. I just copied it. And although I am far from home, I ride a bike, not a horse.
If you want to read a translation of the poem, go to:   http://cn.hujiang.com/new/p478056/






No comments:

Post a Comment