Saturday, October 24, 2020

Why did you want to be a teacher?

 Despite my years of teaching, the first days of school always give me butterflies.  It's a mix of excitement and anxiety about meeting new people and communicating effectively, about sharing my love of learning and making the rules of the classroom clear.  It's the first impression of what I hope will go right and how we can correct what might go awry.  

My 3 rules of the classroom are not too complicated - Speak English, Work together and Ask questions.  These encapsulate how I hope we will grow and learn from each other.  

Park space in the center of the school

The world at a glance (Canada is peeling away?)

Library study time during exams

Using English to guess the animal

What are students in Maine doing while we are in school?

This year, more than ever students have asked me "Why did you want to be a teacher?" "Why did you choose our school?" and my responses range, but I've settled on this... 
I love to learn, I love to watch others learn, I love to grow together.

No comments:

Post a Comment