Sunday, December 22, 2013

A Windy (but not White) Christmas

Merry Christmas from Taiwan

Zhubei is a windy city and that is especially apparent in cooler weather.  Riding my bike to school can be a challenge in the morning when gusts of 20-30 kmh rush between high rise apartment buildings and threaten to blow me into traffic.  This last week as I read about the snow and ice storms crossing the US, I was grateful that all we had to deal with here was rain and wind.  Numerous friends and colleagues in their down parkas, have asked me "Are you cold?"  I usually tell them that it feels like autumn here not winter.  Most can hardly imagine temperatures below 40 degrees Fahrenheit.

While you make your homes cozy and warm for the holidays we want to send our greetings to all of our friends for this Christmas season.  Wishing you the best through even the most difficult times.




No comments:

Post a Comment