Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Recitation Contest



There was a recitation contest at my university on November 27.  Greg posted this video he took of my performance at the contest.  I will put the speech here in English and Chinese in case you want to read it.  Contestants could pick any text we wanted and read it in Chinese.  I wrote my own on the topic of Redesigning People. I had to shorten it quite a bit to fit it in under the three minute limit.  The contest was for foreigners who are learning Chinese. Students from four universities were invited, but since it was held at Chiaotung University, the university I attend, most of the contestants were from there.  There were three categories of contestants: beginners, intermediate/advanced, and overseas Chinese.  I was in the second category and got first place.  I won an instant camera that spits out film and develops it on the spot.
Below is the full original article in two languages.  And below that is the shortened version in Chinese that I used in the contest.
If you scroll all the way down, you will see a seven-year-old artist's rendition of the redesigned person.
He's holding his teeth. And there's a good reason why his belly is so big.





No comments:

Post a Comment